DAY 20 of Tea and Meditation:
After spending an hour looking for the perfect nature sounds to listen to for my tea and meditation time, I finally found some wonderful selections on Amazon.com that I downloaded as MP3 files to my computer.
My favorite selections is Ancient Woodland by Calmsound. I’m listening to it right now in fact, and it is highly relaxing to listen to even as I sit here and type. It’s as if I am out in the forest miles away from civilization.
The selections I found are simply sounds of nature, without music. I find music distracting when I am trying to meditate, or concentrate matter.
Below, you’ll find some of the other nature sound albums I found on Amazon.com that I thought offered some good choices.
As a caveat, I found a couple of the selections to be a bit spooky. There was one that kept giving me goosebumps. I guess I’ve watched too many horror movies that involve the outdoors! Can you say ki-ki-ki…ma-ma-ma? Sorry, I couldn’t help myself! I’ve seen too many Friday the 13th movies over the years.
Anyway, forget about Lake Crystal and enjoy the beauty of nature with these albums, that is if haven’t freaked you out. I think I’m going to go hide under the covers now:
- Earths Sounds by Sounds of Nature – Lots of variety on this album, everything from jungle birds to wind chimes
- Babbling Brook by Sounds of Nature – A continuous babbling brook, which goes on for over an hour
- Thundering Rain by Sounds of Nature – A continuous rain storm, which goes on for over an hour
- Nature Sounds by Calmsound – Good variety on this album, from beach campfire to the desert at night
- Relaxing Sounds of Nature II by John Grout – Good variety on this album, from ocean waves to wind in a bamboo forest
- Songbirds of the Forest by John Grout – My cats love this one!
- Jungle Sounds by Soothing Nature Sounds – One of my favorites! A continuous stream of jungle sounds for an hour.
This is just a small sample of the pure nature sounds available for immediate download from Amazon.com! I love how easy Amazon.com makes it to download your selection, plus you can preview a sample before choosing to purchase.
This is “a girl with tea” signing off once again.
Remember to live, laugh, love and drink plenty of tea.
Photo Credit: certified su – via Flickr CC Attribution License
[box] Do you have a favorite nature sound that you find relaxing? [/box]
Day 8-10: Starting the Day with Meditation
Day 11-14: Dealing with My Monkey Brain
Day 17: Video Art Meditations
Day 19: Visualization Meditation