Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about what it means to live a tea lifestyle.
At first, I thought it was simply about making tea my beverage of choice.
Then, I naturally gravitated to the idea that living a tea lifestyle is also about taking the time to sit down, relax and have a cup of tea.
To fully enjoy that cup of tea, I discovered that it was essential to be in the moment, to relish each sensation that the tea was willing to provide.
The next logical conclusion seemed to be that in order to make time for tea I had to have some amount of balance in my life.
Despite, the reasonableness of it all, I felt as if something was missing. I sensed that there was more to uncover. Yet, I just couldn’t put my finger on it.
At that point it dawned on me, living a tea lifestyle is a personal journey; a unique experience that comes from who you are and what you want from life.
After coming to the above realization, I decided to sit down and outline what living a tea lifestyle means to me personally.
Here is what I came up with:
- Being real and expressing who I am in my daily actions.
- Making connections with nature, people and spirit.
- Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.
- Doing what is right, even if it isn’t easy.
- Taking care of my body so, I can fully enjoy life and do those things that bring me joy.
- Being mindful of all that I have to be grateful for, from a warm cup of tea in my hands to a roof over my head.
- Taking time each day to reflect on what is important to me.
I plan to use the above beliefs as a map to help guide me towards the next step on my journey. Perhaps one day I can fully live the tea lifestyle.
This is “a girl with tea” signing off once again.
Remember to live, laugh, love and drink plenty of tea.
What does living a tea lifestyle look like to you?